Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Street

I am out here all alone, not knowing what is going to be happening to me next. I found a place to sleep, but its not comfortable. I am surrounded by sounds and sights I have never seen before. I am cold and wet most of the time, or I am hot and can not find a place to cool my body. My stomach is always rumbling. But, sometimes when I find something to eat, it makes me sick. My body hurts a lot when I lay down as I am nothing but skin and bones having to lay on anything I can find to sleep. The sleep isn't a good one either, as noises that surround me always wake me and scare me.

I do get to sit and watch all you humans scurry around going from place to place. Watching as you sit and eat something that smells so good to me, for which I can not have. Many of you look at me, but do you truly see me or are you looking through me. I have watched many of you go into a nice place and felt the heat come out as you closed the door. Oh how I would love to have a place like that. A family that loves me and give me all things that I should have. But I do know that there are some of you that would also hurt me in ways I can not imagine.

So here I sit, day after day. Wondering if anyone will ever come to get me and take me to the place I so want to be. That place is in your lap or by your side, feeling your hand stroke me. Letting me know that I am loved and in a safe place. A place that I can forget everything that is happening to me now. A place I had no decision in coming to. It was other humans that put me here. Either I was able to escape or I was thrown away like garbage. But for now, I will only know the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking some time to read through my writings. I hope that you were able to take something away with you as you leave. Always kiss the person you love when you part, you never know if it will be the last kiss.