Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Time of Need

Those I call my friends, can I count on you to be there for me if the time arises and you are called? Will you be there for me when I am down and out, in pain. Or will you only be there when I am happy and in a good place? To all those I call my friends, I will always be there for you when you put out the call for help. I will always be there when you are celebrating a good time or place in your life. When you need someone to hold you and you need a shoulder to cry on.

We all need someone in our lives to give us things that we can sometimes not provide for ourselves. We need the contact, the touch, arms around us, to feel needed or wanted. There are sometimes also the need to let go of some of these people we call friends for various reasons. Sometimes friends just grow apart. But, sometimes there are those times when you move to a different part of your life and those friends are no longer close to you in one way or another. You feel you are no part of their lives because they do not have time for you or they are to busy for you. But when its really you who have moved on from them because they are no longer a part of your life and you can not find a place where they fit any longer. The question still lingers if they were ever really there for you when you needed them.

People come and go in all of our lives. Some stay for life, while others only for a while. Its the ones that stay for life who are the truest of friends, because they are there for you when you really need them. They are there for you not only when you are happy and celebrating a great chapter in your life, but also there when you are saddend by the world around you. They are there when you have a lose, ready to hold you and allow you to cry. They are there for you when you just need someone to listen or to talk while you listen.

The one question that I ask myself of all my friends. Will they be there for me when I need them the most? Will they be there to celebrate a great chapter in my life, for the wins and the loses. Will the people I call my friends be there in my time of need?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking some time to read through my writings. I hope that you were able to take something away with you as you leave. Always kiss the person you love when you part, you never know if it will be the last kiss.